How to create a Virtual Protection Group (VPG)
- In the zerto user interface, select VPG tabs à new VPG (right corner)
The new VPG step of the create VPG wizard is displayed.
- Specify the name of the VPG
- Click Next
The VMs step is displayed
- Select the VMs that will be part of the this VPG and click the arrow pointing right to include these VMs in the VPG
- Click Next
The Replication step is displayed
- Specify the values to use when replicating
Recovery Site – The site to which you want to recover the virtual machines.
VC/vCD – Select VCD
ZORG – This will be given during Implementation of zerto
Recovery Org vDC – This will be given during implementation of zerto
Service Profile – This will be provided by the SO and what was purchased
- After clicking Next, the Storage step is displayed. By default the storage used for definition is defined during vcloud creation.
- Click Next, The recovery step is displayed. Make sure the VCD option is checked.
Select the recovery settings for
Failover/Move Network – the network to use during a failover or move operation in which the recovered virtual machines will run
Failover Test Network – The network to use when testing the failover of virtual machines in the recovery site. It is recommended using a fenced-out network so as not to impact the production network at this site.
- Click Next, The NICs step is displayed. In this step, you can specify the NIC details to use for the recovered virtual machine safter a failover, a test failover or migration.
Click Next, Next to reach the summary tab.
Review the information and click Done