When is the Mobile Upgrade? Target Date – Week of January 21th, 2019. The upgrade is a target date based on the app stores approval process and released to users with the application already downloaded.
What do you need to do in order to upgrade?
For users who have downloaded and installed the application on their iOS and/or Android devices, you will be prompted an option to UPDATE the APP to Release 22.6 (if auto-update apps setting is turned ON) If not, please go to the APP store and press UPDATE.
UC-One users who DO NOT have the APP downloaded and installed, please go to your APP store and search for: Evolved Office UC-One and then download and install the application.
Once the application is updated, its CRITICAL for end users to do the following when logging in for their first time:
- After accepting the User agreement, each end user will be prompted the “Edit Login Info” screen.
- Enter your mobile phone number
- Select Aristotle or Bell.
- Note: Communication on the correct platform was provided to your administrator for this mobile upgrade.
- Once the correct platform is selected via a drop-down, end users will input their UC-One credentials for authentication.
Please note: The manufacturer MUST be Evolve IP in order for you to authenticate to Evolve IP’s HPBX VoIP platform successfully.
New Features in Release 22.6
- Integration with iOS Call Kit and Android OS
- Answer Incoming VoIP Call on Locked Screen
- Answer Incoming VoIP Call on Unlocked Screen
- Receive Second Incoming Call (Call Waiting)
- Integration with Native Contacts and Call History
- Swipe between Chat and Audio/Video Communication Views
- Call Handover for VoIP Calls: between WiFi and cellular data networks (note: minor delay can be experienced during the transition between networks)
- Message History and Message Read Status Synchronization
- Voicemail management settings: Message Waiting Indicator and Voice Mail Access from Dialpad
- Push Notifications for Incoming Calls, Individual Chat Messages, and Group Chats from MY ROOM
- Synchronization of Calls, Chats, and Corporate directory information between mobile and desktop applications
Application Download (Mobile ONLY)
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Why can’t I change my username and password?
A. Username and password editing are not supported in the client. To edit your username or password, contact your local administrator.
Q: On the ‘Edit Login Info’ screen, what the “This Phone Number” field?
A: “This Phone Number” is in reference to the mobile phone number for your device. Please note, this is NOT your Evolve IP username/phone number.
Q. Why am I offline?
A. If you have selected “Offline” status, you are shown as offline to others. Another possibility is that you may have lost your Internet connection. In this case, the client does not log out but rather enters an offline mode where a contact list is available but communication is not possible.
Q. Will I be able to see who is on a phone call if they do not have the UC-One application?
A. No. The more people using the application, the more robust it is. Competitor applications work in this same fashion (ex. Skype for Business)
Q. Can I install the application on more than 1 device?
A. Yes. The application can be installed more than one device but your login session can only be active to the desktop application, mobile phone, and tablet.
For questions, please contact email@example.com and open a ticket or call 877.459.4347 option 2.