API Documentation is located below under Customer Responsibility. At this time, all Cisco BroadWorks platforms are running Release 21.sp1. We are currently in the works to upgrade all platforms to Cisco BroadWorks Release 24. The current target for the upgrade is 3rd Quarter, 2021 and additional information will be provided when specific dates are scheduled.
Common Use Cases
Given the set of API values available, customer developers have the ability to provide some or all of the following features and functionality to their end-users:
- Click-to-Dial from CRM applications and Web Pages
- Inbound screen pop; Calling Line ID lookup in applications
- Automatically pop contact records for incoming calls
- Click and transition into application modules within customer applications
- Real-Time Phone Presence
- Call Control – Answer, Hold, Transfer, Hangup
- Access to Call Forwarding and Do Not Disturb settings
- Access to Call History
- Drastically reduces time to lookup caller information in the Customer Applications
- Provide the most important information about callers quickly and efficiently
- Faster outbound dialing with Click to Call
- Provide phone status of users within your organization (available for a call or already on a call)
- Easy access to call handling right within customer applications
Using the Evolved Office API
Development protocol is XSI over HTTPS. Customers have control and flexibility for offering productivity-enhancing applications and features to their users in a seamless fashion with the approval and support of Evolve IP engineering teams.
- Review API Documentation
Evolve IP Responsibility
- Review and validate the questionnaire for technical compliance with the platform
- Provide the customer developer a customer-specific URL and credentials (username and password) for connecting to Evolve IP lab servers to test the app
- After further development and testing is complete, voice engineering reviews the traffic and validates customer results
- Voice engineering coordinates when the customer is ready to move traffic to production by update the DNS for the URL to point at production servers for go-live
Additional API Documentation
For detailed API integration click here for MORE DETAILS.
Evolve IP works with 3rd party developers on a frequent basis that are familiar with writing apps to the backend platform. If customers do not have the resources internally to write a specific productivity-enhancing application, Evolve can recommend a developer. We first ask that customers provide a rough sketch of what they would like from the application as a ‘requirements documentation’ to help shape the conversation.
Q: What is the platform?
A: Evolve IP uses Cisco Broadworks Release 21 24 (R21R24). We are currently working toward upgrading the platform to Cisco Broadworks R24, targeted for 2021Q4.