We are excited to announce the Evolve Contact Suite (ECS) v5.3.8 release that includes new capabilities for our customers that will be available on March 13, 2022.
What do you need to know?
- Any changes made to your environment must be fully deployed via Setup before the upgrade and previously deployed versions will no longer be available after the upgrade.
- If your organization is staffed during the maintenance, they will experience a short period of downtime (less than 10 minutes).
- Users will get a notification on their first login after the upgrade to accept and download the newest update. Please instruct your users to accept the application update.
- For more details about the steps each customer can take after the release, see the Post Release Testing article.
Technical Release Notes are accessible via 5.3.8 - Evolve IP Knowledge Base - The Evolve IP Knowledge Base
This release contains the following feature enhancements:
- Inbound calls can be transferred to external numbers outside of ECS.; this will allow calls that are not part of ECS to be managed by external systems and provides off-network call transfer reducing minutes volume.
- Active Agents who have received previous email that displays as Recent mail can populate recipient email address directly from the Recent email tab.
- Provide message to customer during recording activity for all recording actions (start, stop, pause, resume); This will provide users with information on the success of the recording function as it is being used.
- additional report data on agent performance and customer experience.
- Improvements to the performance and reliability of chat interactions by not saving messages in local cache; this will prevent chat disablement after organization configuration changes.
- In Setup, enhancements to business logic used for queued calls. When the deferred interactions are toggled ON, these interactions are used for the caller position in the queue. KPI displays deferred interactions. Example: If there are active calls, callbacks and emails before the caller, only the active calls and deferred interactions are included in the queue.
- In Setup, Super Users can now be set up with the first name defined as SuperUser and the last name defined as a specific last name; this will allow super users to be clearly and uniquely defined during the initial set up process and alleviate the manual changes.
- This capability will allow enhancements to basic authentication and OAUTH authentication in ECS Setup. Current state authentication requires manual entry of the header for authentication. The new authentication will improve the security and setup efficiency. Basic authentication improvements will allow data setup without manual header setup, and OAUTH improvements will allow customers that use a third party (ie. Salesforce) to be authenticated directly in the ECS server (no proxy); API calls will be made to a third party and authentication parameters will be passed directly from ECS.
This release contains the following bug fixes:
- Incorrect percentage was being calculated for abandonment percentage; Custom interaction types need a unique media type so that the correct abandonment percentage is calculated; each custom interaction type needs a unique interaction type when being set up. In a future release, changes to allow custom interaction types to be set up with "any" origin will be implemented. This will fix the dimension calculation that is impacting the abandonment percentage.
- Agents were incorrectly able to initiate private calls; Updates to allow Agents to only initiate private calls when in Ready state and private interactions are enabled.
- In Setup, invalidated changes that were saved could cause failure of system start up; changes should not be saved unless they are validated.
- Issues with accessing Supervisor due to multiple Supervisors retrieving a bulk load of messages were fixed.
- Supervisor could not play a recording and received an error message when attempting to play a recording.
- Incoming interaction time for added Remarks was not presented; this fix provides additional information for Agent experience about the time of the interaction when adding remarks.
- Two interactions created when there was only one interaction; this was caused by an interaction data being stored as two interactions when an Agent rejected a consult request.
This release contains the following reporting enhancements:
- 1.01 Detailed Agent Activity Report- New selection criteria added: "Table Only" added as a "Show Chart Only" option so that customers can determine if data only needs to be returned in table format.
- 2.02 Agent Time Allocation Performance Report- Clarification of data provided via renaming of the column, "Total Handling Outgoing Interactions Idle" renamed to "Total Handling Outgoing Interactions Idle Time".
- 2.04 Agent Interaction Summary Report- Updated to allow selection criteria of Agent times in seconds vs. a format of HH:MM:SS. The data formatted in seconds can also be generated in a .csv file to allow more detailed data analysis for customers.
- 6.04 Completed Callback Interactions Report- Renaming of the following for to provide clarity:
"Business Process" renamed to "Completed Business Process"
"Business Process" in callback row renamed to "Initiated Business Process"
"Business Process" in attempt row renamed to "Attempt Business Process"
- In an upcoming release, the 6.04 Completed Callback Interactions Report will be updated to display the name of the Agent who ended the interaction in the "Agent Name" field in the report.
This release contains the following reporting fixes:
- 3.05 Conversations Report- The initial chat message included in a chat was not returned in the report; only a “1” was returned as output instead of the content: this report will include all chat content that is manually entered between the Agent and the customer.